Follow me :0)

Sunday 12 June 2016

Cone-on the Dober-rarian

Woof everyone Louis here.....

This weekend I have mostly been Louis Cone-on the Dober-rarian, that’s Mum’s joke on a film she’s watched called Conan the Barbarian , of course the resemblance of me against Arnie is staggering, all muscle, hehehe.




I’ve found it really hard this weekend to stop having a nibble at my stitches, I don’t think Mum realises how itchy they are, Olga has also been on the naughty step as well, and actually she sets me off, when she starts licking her leg it makes me start licking mine – so it’s all her fault!

I took Dad out yesterday morning for a really really early run, because I knew it was going to be warm and he would suffer if we went later. It was lovely on the field, there was only me, Dad and Olga on there, except for loads of furries of course. Olga still has to stay on her lead, so I said I’d clear them off, so I set off running. I spotted one little one right at the other end of the field so I headed for it, as I got closer, it wasn’t for moving, I looked really impressive in my full stalking mode, crouched down moving forward dead slow, not making a sound, I stopped, but it stayed where it was, I took another step forward, still it didn’t move. Now I’m a big brave Dobie but this furry wasn’t going to move, so I waited for Dad to catch up, and I stood there stalking it.

Dad asked me what I was doing and I told him to shushh because there was a pesky furry that wasn’t shifting, Dad said “Louis mate it’s a baby and is probably frightened so leave it alone and when we walk past it will dart off into the long grass” – WALK PAST IT!!! Not a chance, what if it jumps at me! What if it bites me! I don’t want myxomatosis – my toesy are fine where they are, plus I cannot afford to have anything else falling of me! What was I going to do???
Olga had spotted it and was jumping about on her lead, but Dad told her to behave so she didn’t bother with it. Now I had 2 choices, run at it, and hope it was just frightened and it would run off before I got there OR go round the other way, and as it was a lovely morning I decided to walk round the other way, not because I was scared of anything, but I remember Mum saying a change is as good as a rest! – So I was ermm…. Yes I was listening to Mum and trying something different, and do you know she was right!



When we got home Dad was telling Mum about how I had run off from a baby furry, which of course is a total lie, I wasn't frightened I just decided to try something Mum had told me, so actually I was being a good boy, and I should be praised for it, not laughed at!

I went to work with Dad on Thursday, we only had a few things to finish so I said I would patrol the grounds and make sure there were no naughty birds or wicked cats about, it was lovely, the sun was out and the grass was really green and soft and – well I just sat down for 5 mins – well I thought it was 5 mins, the next thing I heard was Dad packing the van up and him heading to the back door, I jumped up and stood on patrol! Dad said we have finished and we were heading home, because it was so warm, we stopped off at McDonalds for a McFlurry, it’s been ages since I’ve been to McDonalds and the one we went to, Dad had to stop and talk into a box and a lady in the box took our order, I bet she was red hot sat in that little box all day. When we reached the window to pay, I stood over Dad and woofed hello, the girl screamed! I was only saying hello. We parked up and ate or McFlurries but we were being bombarded by Seagulls! I have no idea where they came from because we were nowhere near My Beach!


On the way home we stopped at Nana’s with the see through roof to pick Olga up, she had stopped with Nana, because she isn’t old enough to come to work. Nana said she had been good and had eaten all her tea and toast. I love it when I go to Nana’s because we have tea and toast, and then ear rubs, and then biscuits and another cup of tea, then we have lunch and then a nap! Grandad was dancing in the kitchen when we got there, I ran in to say hello and he was really bopping along to something on the radio, he looked really funny.

I’ve learnt something this weekend, and it’s this – When Mum says she’s going to put my shade of shame on if I don’t stop licking my paws – she means it! Even if we are both in the same room, and no amount of sulking will change her mind. I must remember this!



See you soon


Love Louis and Olga xxx

No comments: